Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Friday Out

Usually Alyssa drives Lexi to school, but she asked me to do it on Friday so she could get a little extra sleep. On Thursday night, the two of them picked out the clothes for Lexi to wear, so I didn't have to deal with that. Lexi's grandmother Gill was to pick her up after school, because this is her weekend with har dad, so I could have come home, but decided to stay in town for the day.

After I dropped her off, I stopped at WalMart for bobby pins and then went to the Senior Citizens Center. I sat in the lobby there knitting and talking for several hours. I worked there for six years, so I know a lot of the people who work there and who go there regularly. However, it has been two and a half years since I retired and I haven't been going back very often, so there are quite a few that I don't know. I ate lunch there also, and did more knitting and visiting until 2 o'clock or so. Then I wandered around Big Lots for a while - only bought a jar of rhubarb-strawberry preserves (don't find rhubarb often).

From there I went to the Art Guild. There was a reception scheduled there from 4 to 6 for the community exhibit and the Laurel Oaks Garden Club's flower show. Many of the entries from the garden club members were inspired by the artworks, and were displayed in front of the pieces that inspired them. There are some really talented flower arrangers in the group! But I didn't go in as soon as I got there. Instead I sat on a bench in the garden beside the building (the garden was planted and is maintained by the garden club) and knitted. When I had to use the ladies room, I went in and then went to the front porch and did more knitting. I finally headed home about 5 o'clock. I was tired, so it was nice to have the house to myself.

No comments: