Friday, June 20, 2014

It's June

How can it be six weeks since I posted. Either nothing has happened or I've been busy, and I can't tell you which.

My main activity this week is demonstrating spinning at the Purchase District Fair in Mayfield. The fair had gone downhill and wasn't even held last year. They are now trying to resuscitate it. The mayor asked me several months ago if I would demonstrate weaving. I agreed to that, but after some thought, asked if spinning would be OK instead. For weaving, I need someone else to transport my loom; for spinning, I can move my equipment by myself. So now we are three down and two to go. Tuesday through Friday, we open at 5 pm and have packed up by 9 pm. Saturday, we open at noon; I don't know how long I will be there. There have been several 'no shows' of people/businesses who had said they would come, which is disappointing. The crowds have been sparse in our area, but I think the midway has done well.

I enjoy talking to people, especially children, explaining what I am doing. In hope that next year I can get some people to join me in demonstrating other fiberarts - weaving, knitting, crocheting, tatting, maybe even bobbin-lace making. I need to start talking to people in my various groups.

No comments: