Several items have come off my works-in-progress list. The felt stars, which are the ornaments for the LAFA tree at the art museum in Cadiz are now in the hands of the ladies who will decorate the tree this week. This picture only shows half of them. I think they turned out pretty well; the color is actually darker - more like garnet. The LAFA meeting is always interesting - many different talents. Several of the ladies were working on more tree decorations today, but I worked on the new socks I started yesterday for Lexi. She selected the simple (she picked out a complicated one at first, but I wanted one I could memorize easily) lace pattern for me to use, and she wants me to have matching ones.
Here's another picture of Carmen's socks that shows my version of the Harley-Davidson logo better. This one also shows the color more accurately; the orange should be darker, but I'm not the best dyer in the world.
Lexi has mentioned several time recently that they can't find her 'glubs.' I don't think she's really hinting for me to make her some. She doesn't hint - she just comes out and asks me to make things for her. She may not have realized that mittens are a common knitting project. Anyway, I knit some for her one day last week to match a scarf I made for her earlier. The yarn around the top is what the scarf is made of, and the orange and green pick up two of the colors in that yarn. The mittens really are the same size, it's just the camera angle that make them look different. And maybe the warm colors advance, cool colors recede thing.
These are two scarves I made last week as Christmas presents. The brown one doesn't show up well against the dead cypress vine, does it? Lexi helped me take pictures outside of several items on Saturday. She wanted me to hang these in a tree, which I did, but this shot shows them better - no shadows of limbs.
I made these little socks for Rose, to match some I made a few weeks ago for Lexi and me. The big one in the picture is mine, of course. The pattern is an 11-stitch fan and feather variation. I used six repeats for mine, five for Lexi's and four for Rose's.
I've usually just made plain stockinette socks before, but I think I'll make more lace ones. There have been a lot of lace sock patterns published lately, but I'm to ornery to use someone else's pattern. I'd rather just pick out a stitch pattern from one of my stitch dictionaries and plug it into the sock pattern that's in my head.
Now it's time to do a little knitting before bedtime.