Thursday, October 26, 2017

Too Early

That's when I got up this morning. I usually sleep until 7 or 7:30 (sometimes later), but I had my alarm set for 6 today, because of the awards assembly at Rose's school. However, I woke up about 5 and hadn't gone back to sleep by 5:45, so I got up then. Carmen and I left about 6:45, picked up Sara and Calla (age 2 years, 4 months) about 7:20 and got to the school in time for the assembly. The awards were for the scores on the state tests they took in May. Afterwards, while pictures were being taken and students, parents, and teachers were milling around in the gym, the principal asked Calla if she would like one of the balloons from the table the awards had been on. He even tied it to her wrist. Carmen says he did that so we could keep up with where she was. I think she might be right.

As if my car trouble last week wasn't enough, when I turned on the furnace Tuesday morning, it initially sounded like it was starting, but then it rattled and went THUNK!. Last time I had it serviced (3 years ago), the man said that one part really needed replacing. However, he did a fix on it of some type. That part is what gave up the ghost. A new part has been ordered, and I should have a working furnace in a day or two.

They say that things come in threes - I certainly hope not; I can't afford any more. 

p.s. As of about 4 pm, I have heat.
 

No comments: