Thursday, October 9, 2008

P B & J

doesn't only stand for peanut butter and jelly, which is what I had for lunch. It also means Paducah Bone & Joint; I smile every time I pass that place.

Medical

I went to the oncologist today for my regular monthly visit. Nothing has changed significantly, so I continue on the same treatment, but with slight tweaking of the coumadin dosage.

Knitting

I'm working on a shawl that I thought might go to the prayer shawl ministry being started at my church, but that might not be a good idea for this one. I think there's been more cussing the cat than prayer while I've worked on it. The cat will be gone, one way or another, within a week. I told Alyssa this morning that if it is still here next Thursday morning when I leave for Louisville for the weekend, I'll put it outside and I don't care what happens to it.

Weaving

I warpped the loom Tuesday so my friend Jo can weave on it at the Renaissance Faire on Saturday while I spin on a drop spindle. She may want to kill me before the day is over. I've heard that linen is a bear to warp with, but I thought a small stripe near each edge of a 16 inch runner wouldn't be too bad. And it wasn't during the winding on and threading. Then I wove about an inch, and the linen caused me some problems. It's hairy and the reed rubs some of that hair down with each beat, so I wound up with clumps of hair in the cloth. Oh well, too late to change it now. Not really I guess, but I'm not going to change it.

I can't find my sleying hook, so I had to use a crochet hook to thread the heddles and sley the reed. The crochet hook is much shorter than the sleying hook, so I had to sit right against the breast beam to work. Last night as I was lying in bed reading, I touched my breastbone and it felt bruised (but there's not discoloration). It took me a minute or two to figure out why - from leaning against the beam on the loom for so long.

It had been two years since I last warpped the loom, so I had to pull a book off the shelf to refresh my memory on a couple of things.

No comments: