Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Family Reunion

I got home this afternoon from my trip. Pauline and Mac dropped me off shortly after 2 pm, and then continued on to Stanford. Pauline called a few minutes ago to say they had arrived there safely.

I'm really glad I went! It's always nice to see the relatives. Unfortunately, we only saw one Ross cousin. Carol came over to Wadena on Friday morning and had breakfast with Pauline, Mac, Renee and me. 

 We went out to the 'old home place' about noon on Friday to see off those who were going tubing on Crow Wing River. They had plenty of tubes and life jackets for the twenty or so people of all ages who went. Autumn and Aidan (age 6) went, while Liam (age 2) stayed with Renee. Those of us who didn't go, sat in the yard and talked for a couple of hours.
There were several pup tents in the yard. We thought that the kids had slept in them, but Karen, who owns the farm now, said the adults had used them.
The old barn is still there - still used every day. Aidan enjoyed watching the milking and playing in the hay mow with some of the other kids.

 Renee tried to convince Liam that the calves wouldn't hurt him. I don't think she succeeded - he's a city kid!
Looking out beyond the calf pens to the pasture. Isn't that sky beautiful? We had lovely weather for the entire trip.


 Saturday night we had supper at the Pizza Ranch in Wadena. I think there were about 75 of us there. When I went to the register to pay for my supper, I asked if they took out-of-town checks. The girl hesitated and then asked the manager. He asked if I was part of Gordie's group. When I said I was he told the girl to take my check and said, "Gordie has a lot of influence around here." It's nice to have cousins like that!
 I don't know what my cousin Grayce Trosen is saying to her son Brad, but I like his t-shirt. It says 'One of the Trosen Few' followed by the name of the dorm he and his wife serve as dorm parents at a school for missionary children in Africa (I can't remember which country).
 Richard (second from right) is the baby of the family. That's his son Brett on one side of him and his wife Barbara on the other. Beside her is their daughter Beth, then Brett's wife and son. Dick and Barb's other three children couldn't make it.
Here are Dick and Barb later at the farm. They are the oldest of the group who attended.
 Olive is the youngest (Or maybe Liam is). Here Olive is sitting on her grandfather Gordie's lap while he talks to Gene and others.
 On Sunday afternoon, we had a picnic at a park. These guys are waiting for us all to gather 'round for the group picture.
Here is most of the group - some had started wandering off after the 'official' pictures were taken.

No comments: