Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Medical stuff and weather

I don't know what's wrong, but I can't see the bottom of that other post I just did when I try to 'edit' it, therefore, a separate post.

Last Wednesday, the urologist said that the IVP and ultrasound didn't show anything significant. He did a cystocopy that day, which also showed nothing significant. He wants to have another urine specimen in six months.

Yesterday I went back to the surgeon  for a routine post-op visit. Since she wasn't able to free the catheter from the vein, she left the tip of it in. Since it had been in so long, it had grown onto the wall of the vein. She was afraid to pull too hard, because that might result in damage that she would not be able to correct. She said it should not cause any problems in the future, but just in case it somehow got infected, she gave me a copy of her case notes explaining what she did.

We got some snow Monday and Monday night - only about two inches, but around here that can cause problems. The roads I needed to use were clear, but not my driveway. I had no problem going down in the morning, but was afraid I'd get stuck coming back up like I did when we got snow earlier this winter. While I was in town, I stopped in to see a friend I hadn't seen for a while. She recommended that I buy a bag of cat litter on the way home. That sounded like a good idea, so I stopped at Dollar General in Fancy Farm and bought a small bag. When I got home, I couldn't get up the drive, but didn't feel like getting out and spreading cat litter, so I backed out onto the road and used the water tower's driveway. From there I was able to drive across my back yard and into my usual parking space.

No comments: