Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fiberarts Stuff

I've been saying for about three years that I need to take everything I have on consignment at the Mayfield Art Guild gift shop out of there. Some things had been there for ten years and had not sold. (I think the Art Guild is the best kept secret in Mayfield.) About a week and a half ago, my friend Cathy asked me if I had anything I'd like to put on her table at the Project Hope (no-kill animal shelter) Christmas Bazaar. That was the nudge I needed to get my 'stuff'. I did that last Tuesday, then washed things to freshen them up a bit, and put new tags on them.

I only sold a few items on Saturday, but I enjoyed the event. Now I need to decide what to do with everything. The baby blankets, and probably the children's caps, will go to Hope for Life pregnancy resource center. I asked great-granddaughter Lexi today if she and her friends would like the handknit belts. She said that one of her friends collects belts. The one shawl can just be added to my shawl stash. Actually it will be the only one there right now, since I recently took all of the ones I had to my church. However, I currently have six more on the needles, and only one of them has a designated recipient. I don't know what I'll do with the rest of the stuff, but I'll think of some place to donate everything.

I spent several hours today with Lexi. Alyssa called this morning and asked if I could pick her up at school and take her to her orthodontist appointment at 11am. Since they were getting out early today for their Thanksgiving vacation, I didn't need to take her back to school. We had lunch at Panera and then did a little shopping. At Michael's and Hobby Lobby, she used coupons on her cell phone. My phone is not that fancy, so I pulled out a paper coupon at Hobby Lobby, but couldn't use it because the one item I bought was already half price.

When I picked Lexi up, I got to meet the 'lunch lady' that she gave one of my shawls at the end of last school year. The school is arranged so that the lunch area is right inside the front doors. I noticed some women sitting at one of the tables on the far side as I headed for the office to sign Lexi out. When Lexi came out of the hallway, one of the women got up and headed over to us. Seeing Lexi, she figured out quickly that I was the knitter, and came over to meet and thank me. That was such a nice experience!

No comments: