Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year! 2016

It can't really be two months since I posted here, can it?

I knit scarves for family members to wrap their Hallmark ornaments in. 14 scarves or cowls and one Chriatmas stocking (I thought the 6-month-old was too young for a scarf), and I forgot to take pictures of any of them.

My friend's grandson was born in the middle of November, so I've also been trying to finish the blanket she requested for him. I did the center of it (except for the sun's rays, which I still need to do), but couldn't do his name around the outside in illusion knitting, because her daughter didn't want to know the baby's sex until it was born. Here is a picture I took of it a couple of days ago; I have since finished that border with his last name.
Now I need to do some rays in embroidered chain stitch.

A few weeks ago, the parish nurse at church told me she had recently given out nine prayer shawls, leaving four or five still in the closet. So I took in the five finished ones that I had here. I have since finished one of the three (?) I had in progress, and have started two more. I'm really glad to get back to them. While I've been working on the scarves and baby blanket, I've been itching to work with some of the yarn I've bought in the last three months or so. I didn't need more yarn, of course, but sometimes it's hard to resist. I may already have SABLE - Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.

During the first week of December, I again wove rugs at the Walk Through Bethlehem in Mayfield. My daughter ran the rug stall, where I was weaving. She had some of the kids from the congregation helping her on Thursday and Friday nights, and her granddaughters on Saturday and Sunday nights (one each night). I love this picture she took of Rose.
I think both of the girls enjoyed helping Grammy, and I know Grammy enjoyed it and was very impressed with the "village."

In December there were also the band and chorus concert at Lexi and Devins' school and a Christmas program at Rose's.


No comments: