Sunday, April 21, 2019

New computer

I recently bought a new computer. The one I had was at least 12 years old and had Windows XP operating system, which is no longer being supported. This one has Windows 10 and a much larger memory. It is taking some getting used to. Carmen went with me to buy it, and then set it up for me. There are still some things she needs to do on it, but I've found most of the things I want.

I will be spending most of next week in Metropolis with Alyssa. She works for the American Quilters' Society and next Wednesday through Saturday is the annual Spring quilt show in Paducah. She will be very busy, leaving the house earlier than usual, and getting home much later than usual. So I'll be there to help with the kids. I'll take my laptop and plenty of knitting to work on during the day while they're in school. I'll need to pick them up from school, help with homework, give them supper, and put them to bed. Stephen's mother will continue to come in the morning to get them ready and take them to school. Since she has her routine on that, I see no reason to upset it for the week. Besides, the less I need to go up and down those stairs, the better.

Yesterday, I picked Calla up from Carmen's, where she had spent two days, and took her back to Metropolis. Then I took her, Lily and Brady to the Easter egg hunt at the church they go to. I've been there enough that that some of the faces are familiar to me, although I don't know any of the names. One of the women said to me, "Yes, I know your number is 102." She is a teacher or aide at the elementary school and takes down the numbers of those of us in the pick-up lines in the afternoons. I've picked up Lily and Brady enough times that she recognizes my car, knows who I'm picking up and what their number is. I guess that, by this time of year, she and the others know many of the numbers.


No comments: