Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Midnight

That's her helping me knit. I almost poisoned her recently. When I got her in September, I had to buy all new cat equipment, because I had donated what I had before to the animal shelter. I wasn't going to have any more animals. Anyway, I put the bag of food down in the back room, and then realized that the floor was wet. I wiped it up, and soon it was wet again. I finally figured out that the bag of snow-melt stuff nearby was liquifying and spreading around that corner of the room. I put the bag of snow-melt outside, mopped the floor, and put the catfood and litter back. So about a week and a half ago, Midnight started acting funny - just lying around in the weaving room (where she really hadn't spent any time before) and not eating. After a couple of days, it struck me that I was getting very close to the bottom of the bag of food and that it might be contaminated. I threw the rest of it out and got another bag. She's back to normal now.


And here is Lexi helping me make felt on Saturday. After we got it somewhat felted, I cut it in pieces and used a washboard to finish the process. Lexi said she'd seen a washboard on TV. The next day I dyed the felt, and will now cut shapes out of it for Christmas decorations for the LAFA tree. The color is not quite a jewel-tone, but it will have to do.

I finished the lace socks for Rose - toddler things work up really fast. When I started the second one, I thought I was starting at the same place in the color sequence as I had started the first one, but I goofed, so they are fraternal rather than identical. I like them that way, and I'm sure Rose won't care, but I hope that doesn't bother Sara.

I think I finished my Christmas shopping today at the Mayfield Art Guild (http://www.mayfieldgravescountyartguild.freeservers.com), one of my favorite places.

Time to get back to my knitting, and to decide exactly how I'm going to make those felt ornaments.

No comments: