Friday, November 17, 2006

Second Post

Now let's see if I can figure out how to include pictures. I bought myself a digital camera recently, so I'm trying to learn how to use it as well as how to blog. Old dogs (or is that bitches, since I'm female) can learn new tricks!

Today was not raining, so I burned the paper trash. That's one of the things I like about living out here, although now that I'm retired I still need trash service. (When I was working, I took my non-burnable trash to work with me and put it in the dumpster.)
You can see that most of the trees are bare - the year moves on, doesn't it? The bare branches of one of the bald-cypress trees (now really bald) seemed a good place to hang Carmen's Harley-Davidson socks which I finished last night. You can't see the H-D logo shape on the foot very well. (As I said, the camera is new.) They looked really funny while I was working on them, because I knit them sideways - she wanted vertical stripes. So I did a provisional cast-on and then grafted the last row to it at the end. Then picked up stitches and worked the toe in the round.



I made two felt balls this afternoon to see if those particular fleeces would felt well. Each ball took less than ten minutes; I'd say that's good enough. So I carded enough of the white wool to make the Christmas ornaments for LAFA. The Lake Area Fiber Artists are going to decorate a tree for the Janice Mason Art Museum's Festival if Trees. (http://www.jmam.org) We agreed at the October meeting that we'd each make ten ornaments out of fiber in jewel tones. I plan to have Lexi help me make sheets of felt tomorrow. Then I'll dye them and cut out star shapes. The November meeting is 11/27, so it's about time I start working on them.
Hey! I think I did it - included pictures.


No comments: