Monday, November 26, 2007

They're Home

Alyssa and Lexi got home about 2 o'clock Saturday morning. They had a good trip. They went to Philadelphia on Monday, Wildwood NJ on Tuesday, and NYC on Wednesday. The trip to Wildwood included a visit to Alyssa's dad, who is considering moving out here.

On Friday I drove to Bardwell, the county seat, to get extra keys made for the new lock on my back door. This picture shows the traffic light in the middle of the town. I believe it is the only red, yellow, green light in Carlisle County; there are several flashing lights, though.

If Bob (Alyssa's dad) moves out here, it will be a big change for him, even though he grew up in one of the more rural parts of southern NJ.

"I can weave!"


One day last week, I put in about an inch of plain weave at the end of the piece my friend Shirley had woven when she demonstrated in September, and was going to cut it off the loom. Then I decided to leave it and let Alexis play around with it. Yesterday, I gave her a brief weaving lesson. She was very excited and proud. She wove a little over an inch, and when a friend came over for supper, she had to show him how she did it.

No comments: