Saturday, May 31, 2008

I would have sworn it had only been four or five days since I posted here, but Blogger tells me it's been ten. That means I didn't write anything about the awards progarm at Lexi's school last Thursday (5/22). She got a certificate for having an A average in all of her subjects. I'm glad they broke the program in two parts - K, 1 and 2 at 8:30 and 3, 4 and 5 later.

Alyssa and Lexi have gone to a baby shower, so I have the house to myself for a couple of hours. When Alyssa mentioned the shower recently, I told her I had some handknit baby blankets she could choose from. Yesterday I discovered that there were only two left. I need to make more. Since I finally finished Carmen's shawl yesterday, I started a blanket this morning. It's a stitch sampler one similar to the one I made for my great-granddaughter Rose to take to daycare a year ago. Twelve squares with a different stitch in each square, with a garter stitch border and garter stitch 'ribbons' between the squares. I have a couple of other baby blankets in mind as well. Each blanket should use up about a pound of yarn from my stash; I've used about 13 pounds so far this year.

I had my oncology apointment on Tuesday afternoon. Everything stays the same; it's getting boring.

No comments: