Thursday, January 8, 2009

I had a good day!

Two things that started it out right: my left foot looked normal this morning for the first time since I fell (five weeks tomorrow) and the weather was clear and sunny!

The foot looking good gives me confidence that I really will be able to get rid of this 'boot' tomorrow when I see Dr Jackson, and get into a smaller 'brace' that I can wear with a regular shoe.

I met Libby, rector of Grace Church in her office about noon and we took four shawls and one laprobe to the altar for her to bless tham. One of them I will send to my daughter to give to her friend who has just lost her boyfriend to cancer. The others Libby will distribute as she sees fit. She said she wants to take one to her mother-in-law, who is not doing well.

Then I went to Kirchhoff's bakery/restaurant for lunch. For those not from this area, Kirchhoff's is one of Paducah's old institutions, located on the oldest section of town in an old building. The middle section of the store is the bakery, to the left is the deli-style restaurant, and to the right a fellow-knitter has a coffee shop and someone else has a boutique. I got their soup-of-the-day, which was lentil Italian sausage stew, and took it into the coffee shop. There I got a cup of good coffee, ate my lunch, knitted, and visited with Valerie when she had short breaks from 'minding the store.' On the way out, I bought a loaf of Kirchhoff's country French bread - boy it made the car smell good!

Then I went to the Cancer Group, where they did some blood tests and gave me a dose of Velcade. It was about 4 p.m. when I headed home. Tomorrow I need to drive back to Paducah for another doctor's appointment, but I should come home with regular shoes on both feet.

No comments: