Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Angels in Disguise


This morning, as this Episcopalian was working on a project for the Nazarene youth, the Methodist men knocked on my door and volunteered to do some ice storm cleanup.
I scared the man who came to the door. Sometimes, if I start walking too soon after I stand up, after a few seconds I need to hold onto something. This morning was one of those times. By the time I got to the door and unlocked and opened it, I had to hold onto the door frame. The man thought I was about to have a heart attack or something. (I wonder if he really thought I was drunk!) After a minute I was able to explain what happened and that it is caused by medication.
Anyway, these men worked around here for a couple of hours and really made a big difference. They even took care of the tree that blew down a year ago, that I had not made much headway on yet. And they worked on Angela's maple tree. It looks much better now, but those big scars where the limbs broke away will probably cause problems in future.
The project I'm working on for the Nazarene youth is related to my weaving at the Walk through Bethlehem. I am determining which natural-fiber yarns in my stash will be easiest for the youth to weave squares with. I will be lending them several Weave-It looms to make 'cloth' to 'sell'/give at this year's event. I'll give them the yarn, of course.

No comments: