Thursday, February 21, 2013

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted here. I guess I've been busy with knitting and reading. I've also spent several hours on a few days playing with Brady so Alyssa can get more of her work done.

Last Saturday, Alyssa invited me to have supper with her and Lexi at Olive Garden in Paducah. Then Lexi spent the night with me. On Sunday, we did not go to church in the morning, but went there at 4 pm for a grandparents and grandchildren thing - decorating cookies, then eating them with punch or coffee, playing a couple of 'getting to know you' games,and then a Eucharist service around the labyrinth that has been created with masking tape on the floor of the parish hall.

Tuesday this week, I went there in the afternoon and then accompanied Alyssa to  Shawnee Community College for the Ninth Annual Shawnee Pride Jr. High Honor Band concert. Band directors from thirteen elementary and junior high schools in southern IL had selected students to participate. Lexi was one of the kids selected from Metropolis Elementary. The kids spent the entire afternoon there, working on the music, and then played four pieces for us. The concert started at 7 pm, so I didn't get home until 9:15.

I did my normal Wednesday knitting group thing yesterday. When I got home, there was a voicemail from the Mayfield library saying that one of the books they had requested for me last week from another library had come in. So today I went there to return two of the books I had checked out last week and to pick up that one. I then went to the senior center for lunch.

Tuesday I noticed that they had started pretreating the roads. I hadn't heard the weather forecasts, but that told me a 'winter storm' was expected. This morning, when I left home it was raining - slightly more than a drizzle - but I ran out of it before I got to Fancy Farm. When I left Mayfield a couple of hours later, it had started sprinkling there, and continued all the way home. When I got here, I sat down and read for three hours. When I got up to make a cup of tea, I saw that the trees are coated with ice. The precipitation is coming down as rain, but is freezing on the trees, etc. Now there is also lightning and thunder. I think I'll shut down the computer and go back to reading.

No comments: