Friday, January 10, 2014

Back to normal?

I finally got away from the house yesterday, after a week and a half of staying in. The cold spell has ended, at least for now, and we're back to our normal winter temperatures. I went to Mayfield  to fill two prescriptions and do a bit of grocery shopping - I was out of many things.

Then today I went to Bardwell, stopping at the county school on the way. I gave the S.T.A.R. program (I have no idea what that stands for) some hats for them to give to children who need them.
Five of the hats I made within the past week. They were fun to do and used up some leftover yarn from other projects.

I was supposed to have my port removed on Monday (1/6), but I called last Friday and postponed it for two weeks, because I had a cold. I'm pretty much over the cold now - hope it doesn't come back before the 20th. I probably wouldn't have been able to start my car on Monday anyway because of the frigid temperatures. I hope the frigid temperatures don't come back before the 20th, either - or ever, for that matter.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice hats! I love the hooded neck-warmer... just the thing to wear extreme cold weather.
Barbara

Adele said...

Thanks, Barbara. That 'hooded neck-warmer' is a 4/5 version of the helmet liner with flange that I designed a couple of years ago for a friend of my daughter to wear under her motorcycle helmet and keep the wind off the back of her neck.