Sunday, January 1, 2017

New year, new project

I have decided to do a 'temperature' scarf this year. Some people do blankets; I'm just doing a scarf. Each knitter/crocheter sets her/his own rules. I'm doing seed stitch on 32 stitches, worsted weight acrylic yarn with size 9 needles. The colors I've selected from my stash are here:
I will use the mid-day temperature. Since it is rare for us to have temperatures below zero or above 100, I chose ten colors. I may never use any of the orchid (single-digit temps), and very little of the blue, but the others will see quite a bit of use. I've started today by casting on with yellow, since it is 44 degrees F. Each day I will add one row. I'll try to remember to post a picture of it at the end of each month. It should be quite colorful by year-end. 

No comments: