Monday, January 22, 2007

And More Hats!

My sister would love the color of this hat and scarf set, but since she lives in south Florida, I doubt that she has any use for it. I'll have to find someone else to give it to. Actually all of these are meant for charity.

I'm sticking to my resolution to knit from my stash this year. So far I've worked up over three pounds of yarn - I'm keeping an Excel spreadsheet of the items I'm making, including finished weight.



On this 'brick' hat, I've made the bricks larger than on the one I made a few days ago. I ran out of the gray yarn, so the top is done in the multicolor yarn, which is Red Heart 4-ply in the Circus colorway. It's black alternating with several bright colors. Each bit of color is no more than six inches long. That yarn is used by itself in the hat in the middle of the picture below.

I like the squirrels on the hat on the right. I made an I-cord tail at the top and plan to either make or buy some 'acorns' to hang from it. I started this one with a tubular cast-on, but after I finished the hat, I realized the cast-on was too tight. So I put the needle through the round of stitches just above the ribbing, cut to yarn and unraveled the ribbing, Then I knit several rounds of stockinette stitch and cast off, to make a rolled brim.

The 'Circus' hat is plain stockinette. The two off-white ones have a plaited cord stitch (slip 1, knit 1, yarn over, pass the slipped stitch over the YO and the K1), with several plain stitches between the 'cords.' I've tried to take a close-up picture so you could see it better, but I'm not a good photographer.



I'm still having trouble with my left arm, but by wedging it between my body and the back of the sofa, I can knit. I go for a CT scan tomorrow on several areas of my body. It was supposed to be last Thursday, but no one told me I had to do a 'prep.' Thursday, they gave me the stuff I have to drink; I'll do that as soon as I finish this blog entry.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Good luck on the CT scan. I'll be thinking of you! That's a ton of hats. You are so productive! I'm impressed. Lately I've been ripping as much as I've been knitting, and my stash has grown too. I've got to knit more more more!

Bridget said...

Great hats! I especially like the one with the squirrel.

Good luck with your CT scan, I'll keep a good thought for you.