Saturday, January 13, 2007

Knitting from my Stash

Three more hats from my stash. With limited mobility in my left arm, I don't feel like making the mittens I had really planned to work on this month. The one in the middle was done yesterday and the other two today. They're all experiments of one sort or another. I guess the green in the 'quilting' on the one on the left is too close in value (am I using the correct term?) to the dark plum to show up. The tweed stitch I used on the one in the middle mixed the colors of the Red Heart color Grape Ivy up very nicely. The hat with the ear flaps is also Grape Ivy. On 74 stitches in stockinette stitch, the colors really pooled! All the blue and lavendar are on the other side. These are all for charity.

Now I need to look through a couple of stitch dictionaries to decide what else I want to try.

I was just startled by Dominic's alarm clock - he doesn't want to miss the Eagles game! I'm glad he set the alarm instead of depending on me to wake him.

No comments: