Friday, May 18, 2007

Kindergarden Graduation

Yesterday was the kindergarden 'graduation' at Alexis' school. We had to go, of course. Here they are processing in, each one looking for their family members in the audience. There are three classes, so it's a pretty large group. Each class sang a song for us, and then all three classes joined in singing the alphabet forwards and backwards. Finally, the teachers called them individually and presented them with an informal group picture of their class on a piece of playground equipment, with a picture of the child on the back. After that, each class went to a different part of the gym, where we could take pictures. Then we were invited back to the classroom to view a dvd, I guess about the year's work. Alyssa went to see that, but Dominic and I didn't. The kids had to stay for the rest of the day, and had to go back for half a day today. They had some fun activities planned for them yesterday afternoon. Alyssa said Alexis had to take her bathing suit. Today is the last day for the entire county school system.



Dominic and I came home for a few hours, and then went to Paducah to have the stitches from the tooth removal taken out. They said everything looks good. Then we had an early supper and did our monthly grocery shopping. We got home about 6:15.

Gardening

On Wednesday, I overdid it pulling weeds in my little garden - mostly in the paths. I was having trouble walking yesterday morning, but the acetaminophen I took helped some in the afternoon. I have some Percocet, but I don't like taking it; it makes me dizzy. I figure since it is acetaminophen and a narcotic, and since it is probably the narcotic that makes me dizzy, I would be better off taking just the acetaminophen.

Knitting

I took twelve dishcloths to the Art Guild on Tuesday for the gift shop - not a bad production for a week in which I was also doing other things. Now I'm working on something for the 'All Strings Considered' exhibit at the Guild. The quilting group's work will make up the main part of the exhibit this year, but they want other things, as well. They had a black and white challenge, so they want everything to be black and white. I decided to do two hats - one white with black 'fiar isle' designs and the other the reverse. I finished the white one last night, but wasn't going to start the black one after dark. I don't often do that much black - too hard on the old eyes.

No comments: