Monday, October 15, 2007

New Beginnings

Alexis started her new school today. Alyssa took her there this morning with the idea of just registering her and then taking her to the old one to say good-bye to her old friends. However, Lexi decided that she wanted to stay at the new school. So Alyssa stopped at the old one later to tell them about the transfer and to pick up Lexi's bowl she had done before fall break. I guess the teacher had them make the bowls just before vacation so they would be well-cured by the time they got back, and the kids wouldn't be bugging her about when they were ready. Smart!

Alyssa and I were both waiting at the end of the driveway this afternoon when the bus dropped Lexi off. She had a good day. She has done her homework for tomorrow - a bit of arithmetic and some reading.

Lexi's also been playing with her PlayDough here at home. She did the butterfly this afternoon, and the fish on Saturday. She said the fish is a bluegill. I asked if that was because her last name is Gill, but she said no. Her dad and pawpaw are both fishermen, so she knows that there are fish called bluegills. I think the fish is really cute.

Like most six-year-olds, she likes to act silly. One day last week, she decided to tangle herself up in yarn - a common commodity in this house, and asked me to take a picture of her that way. The yarn isn't quite as evident as I hoped it would be.

I have to be careful what I write about her now, since she reads well.





No comments: