Monday, October 29, 2007

Eye Exam

I went to the ophthalmologist this morning. My left eye has changed very little since my last exam, five years ago, but the right one has gotten much worse. It has gone from -6.5 to -9.5; most of that change has been in the last six or seven months. There are cataracts starting on both eyes, but it will probably be several years before they need to be removed.

Since my eyes had been dilated, I decided to have lunch in the hospital cafeteria (the medical office building is connected to the hospital), and then to sit in the public area and knit for a couple of hours before driving the 16 or so miles home. They are having a 'health fair' there from 3 to 6 this afternoon and from 7 to 10 tomorrow morning. All the tables were set up, and a few of the 'vendors' were already setting up their displays. I may go in earlier than I had planned tomorow and stop there before my weekly pilgrimage to the library and the Art Guild for the knitting group.

No comments: