Saturday, June 21, 2008

Baby Blankets

Here are four of the baby blankets I've made recently. I'm not sure why the multicolor one looks so fuzzy. You can see it better in the other picture. It's an odd shape. I first made two triangles, then picked up stitches on the short sides of the triangles and worked mitered squares. It's all garter stitch alternating Red Heart's Reef Stripe and Cornmeal every two rows. I like it, but I don't know if anyone else will. I'll have to take it to a knitting group and see what reaction it gets.

The solid color blanket has twelve squares with a different stitch pattern in each square (I love my stitch dictionaries!). It's all worked in one piece with a garter stitch border and garter stitch 'ribbons' between the squares. I like the alternating color mitered square blankets, as well. They're very easy to knit. I need to see what other colors I have yarn to do them in. Dana (Art Guild director) said they could use some baby things in the gift shop, so perhaps I'll make some for sale.

No comments: