Wednesday, June 20, 2012

20/15

That's how I'm seeing with both of my eyes; both Dr Williams and his nurse said they'd trade with me. I will need glasses for distance, but will probably keep them in the car for driving only. I go back in two weeks to get a prescription for them. In the meantime, I'm probably seeing as well as half the other drivers on the road. They have given me two pairs of reading glasses - one is 2.25 strength and the other is 1.50. I think one will stay beside my bed for my regular nighttime reading and the other will be in my purse or my knitting bag. It is really strange to not wear glasses for things I used to wear them for and to put them on for things I used to take them off for - like reading and fixing mistakes in my knitting.

Yesterday I met Mary at the Ice House/Art Guild for knitting, although neither of us knit a stitch while we were there. Someone had brought in a bunch of yarn, stamped cross-stitch things, etc, and a stack at least a foot high of Threads and Fiberarts magazines. Shane told us to take whatever we want and he'd give the rest to the quilting group today. Neither of us was interested in the magazines, but Mary took some of the cross-stitch napkins and an afghan-crochet hook, maybe something else, and I took some yarn. There were several partially-done things that we could not figure out what they were supposed to be. We spend a good bit of time reclaiming yarn from them as we talked.

In about an hour, I'm off to Paducah for my regular Wednesday Eucharist service at church, followed by knitting at Panera. Since it is Social Security day for me, I'll stop for a few groceries on the way home.

No comments: