Monday, June 25, 2012

Readers

Lexi is already very much a reader. She has been read to by several people since she was tiny. She always has a book in progress here at my house, and she and Devin are very familiar with the local library in Metropolis. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about her having the most AR points (gotten by taking tests on the books read).

Since I wasn't around Rose when she was tiny, I'm not sure, but I think she was read to as well. Saturday night, she wanted to read four books. I read two to her and she read two to me. Although I'm sure she's had Goodnight Moon read to her many times, I would say she was actually reading it to me. The other one she read was There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. I think that was a combination of reading and reciting, and singing the "Perhaps she'll die" refrain. On Sunday, she wanted to read one of the other stories, which is printed in a cursive typeface. She said that since she doesn't red cursive yet, she'd read it in Spanish. She proceeded with a bunch of gobblydegook which did at times sound a bit like Spanish. What a ham!

No comments: