Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday?

No, I stay away from crowds. But I guess I did sort of participate. Tuesday or Wednesday, I got an email from Michael's giving their hours for the weekend, along with specific coupons for each period. On Thursday, they were open from 4 to 11 pm, and offered a coupon for 30% off entire purchase, including sale items. Since I was coming back through Paducah after 4 pm, I stopped there for the yarn I needed to complete Christmas stockings. Bob stayed in the car and made phone calls to his siblings in NJ (he doesn't get service in Mayfield, but does in Paducah), but Lexi came in with me. The store was busy, but they had a system set up so the line moved pretty quickly.

After that, I dropped Bob off at his apartment in Mayfield, and Lexi at her grandparents about five miles this side of Mayfield. I had reset the trip odometer before I left home that morning, and it read 110.2 when I got home.

Yesterday, I knitted on a pair of owl mittens one of Carmen's friends ordered from me and also on Christmas stockings. Alyssa wants a little drummer boy (like I put on Bobby's 23 years ago) on Brady's stocking and an orange cat on Stephen's. Sara wants a ten-point buck (head only) on Reggie's, but she hasn't decided yet what I should put on Lily's.

Today has also been spent mainly in knitting. A little bit of housework each day, but not much. You know, don't you, that the only place housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

No comments: