Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Farewell 2012

It's been a quiet week in Lake Woebegone - er, Tiny Town. I've mostly stayed home, knitting, reading, etc. I've kept a list of the books I've read during the year - 73 of them. Six or eight were 'youth' books. Quite a few were murder mysteries with female sleuths, but the last group (which I need to return to the Mayfield library tomorrow) were about groups of women. In "A Thread of Truth" by Marie Bostwick (number 2 in her Cobbled Court Quilt Shop series), they are all quilters. In "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs (number 2 in her Friday Night Knitting Club series), they are all members of the knitting group. And in "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" by Lorna Landvik, they are neighbors in a suburb of Minneapolis who form their own book club; it covers 30 years of friendships. I don't know what genre of books I'll select tomorrow.

I've also kept a log of knitting projects I've completed in 2012:
  • 3 pairs of mittens
  • 30 shawls (2 were started in 2011)
  • 8 scarves (2 were started in 2011)
  • 22 dishcloths (1 was started in 2011)
  • 4 potholders
  • 4 bibs
  • 5 small drawstring bags to hold Hallmark ornaments
  • 3 mugrugs
  • 9 hats
  • 1 afghan
  • 4 burpcloths
  • 5 baby blankets
  • 2 children's sweaters/tops
  • 1 small bear
  • 3 Christmas stockings
On the needles at year end are:
  • 5 shawls
  • 1 scarf
  • 1 purse to be felted (started in 2011)
  • 1 scrap laprobe (started in 2011)
  • 1 huge afghan
  • 1 baby blanket
  • 1 children's sweater
  • 1 balaclava/ski mask
  • 1 Christmas stocking (knitting done, just need to finish embellishing it)
I also did some weaving:
  • 20 rugs, mainly for the animal shelter
  • 26 bookmarks for Walk through Bethmehem
  • 128 + mugrugs for Walk through Bethlehem (I forgot to write down the numbers of two runs
  • 11 tote bags (don't have them all sewed up yet)
  • 4 placemats
And I did a little bit of spinning, but not much.

No comments: