Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week end

Yesterday, Alyssa and her two children came over in the late afternoon, bringing some things to store here. I guess it was the first time Brady had been here - not that he knows that. Lexi helped me fix supper, and then she spent the night. This morning she brought me breakfast in bed. She scrambled some eggs and seasoned them with tarragon and rosemary; they were very good. She also peeled a mandarin, arranged the segments like a flower and drizzled them with honey. I would never have thought of that, but it was good as well.

About mid-afternoon, she went to visit her friend here in Milburn. Just before 5 pm, which is when I told her to be back, and just as I was starting to fix supper, she called and asked if she could spend the night at Michele's. They came a few minutes later to get her things, and I told her to be back by noon tomorrow. I'll take her home then, stopping at the Lowes store in Paducah to get the part I need to stop the leak in one of the toilets.

No comments: