Sunday, June 16, 2013

Does a dance recital need to last 4 1/2 hours?

Rose's recital was last night - started at 6 pm and ended about 10:30, with a ten or fifteen intermission in there somewhere. Even the tiniest ones were in at least two pieces, and I think every teenager had a solo, or at least a duet. Rose was in four dances, plus the finale. I took some knitting, of course, and got a few rows done. I'm glad I remembered a sweater - the auditorium was cold enough to hang meat in it. The dance school is in Mayfield, but the recital was in Lovett Auditorium on the Murray State University campus. My round trip was 80.2 miles. By the time I got home and got ready for bed, it was midnight!

Edited to add: Lily was an angel during the whole program. That's saying something for an 11-month old!

No comments: