Monday, March 12, 2007

X marks the spot

I went back to the Radiation Therapy Department today. They had discussed with the orthopedic surgeon and decided that no rod was necessary in my leg, and that radiation therapy could be done now. So they measured and marked and calculated, and then gave me the first treatment. The X on my chest seems to be in the wrong place to me, but I guess it depends on what angle they're shooting from. Above the X, you can see the scar on the lump on the clavicle where they took the tissue for biopsy six weeks ago.
Now I have to go Monday through Friday at 12:40 p.m. for at least two weeks. The treatment only takes a few minutes, but the round-trip drive takes close to an hour and a half - 30 miles each way on two-lane roads.
Thursday morning I have a 10:15 appointment with the oncologist. Then I guess we'll have lunch and then go to therapy.




Dominic keeps telling me I need to write something mean about him here, but how can I when he mops the kitchen floor for me. There is a scrub-brush in his hand, but I didn't get it in the picture. It's really nice to have it clean - it had gotten very dirty, especially in front of the stove.

2 comments:

Mostly Bears said...

Hello, I've been lurking for quite some time...love your blog...and I do want to tell you that I send good thoughts and wishes to you and your family as you begin your treatment. May you be blessed. Trish (Tucson, Az)

Anonymous said...

you were always like a second mother to me you will be just fine as long as you have a positive attitude belive me I love you and will pray for you

Donna