Friday, June 15, 2007

Home at last

And with a new hip. I didn't get home until yesterday, after having the surgery on the 5th. My incision didn't want to stop draining. On Monday they transferred me to the Transitional Care Unit. It operates in accordance with state nursing home regulations, so I had to have a TB skin test. I hadn't had one for at least two years (it was required periodically for senior center employees, also), so that was OK. It was negative, of course.

Dr Jackson took the staples out on Tuesday, which was a day sooner than he had planned to, I think, and the draining pretty much stopped.

It was very nice to get home! After I looked through a week + of mail and email, I lay down to take a nap. It was good to be in my own room, on my own bed - even the fly buzzing arouned seemed friendly. So nice to know that no one was going to come to take blood, or give me pills, or insist that I walk down the hall with them. And to be able to get up and go to the bathroom without telling someone!

A friend came to visit today and brought some spinach lasagna and homemade bread. The timer just went off, so the lasagna should be hot. I'm hungry! But I think I'll have to wake Dominic up to get it out of the oven for me. He shouldn't be sleeping now anyway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adele
I'm so glad to see that you are home at last. I've missed reading your posts.
Hope the supper was good. Enjoy the piece and quiet of home.
Take care,
Susan