Friday, June 1, 2007

Knitting from Stash 2007 - May

Looks like I didn't do much in May - 3 hats, 5 scarves, 2 pairs of socks, and a dozen dishcloths, for a total of 3.63 pounds of yarn. I did more reading than I had done for a while.

Don't know whether to expect June to be more or less. Tuesday (6/5) I'm scheduled for hip replacement surgery. I'll be taking yarn for three or four scarves (simple, mindless knitting) to the hospital with me. Dominic said I'd better take all I'd need because he certainly wouldn't understand what I was talking about if I asked him to bring in more. I'll be in hospital four days. Then I'll be able to come home, since I have Dominic to care for me. I'll be using a walker at first, of course, and my healing progress will depend on me - how much effort I put into building up my muscles. I'll have to learn different ways to do some things. The information packet they gave me mentions three months as the required time back to 'normal'. (Have I ever been 'normal"?)

When I went to the surgeon's office yesterday, I was expecting him to say I need the hip replacement, but I wasn't expecting it to be scheduled so quickly. I'm glad though, because I've started having back pain from it within the last week. His office is in one of the buildings connected to Western Baptist Hospital, so Dominic just got one of the wheelchairs and pushed me through to the patient registration area for me to get the pre-surgery labwork, etc. done. My appointment was for 1 pm, and it was after 4 pm when we left the hospital.

On the way home, I started thinking of things that I need to do before Tuesday. Nothing major, just little, everyday things, like laundry and changing the sheets on my bed. And of course on Monday I'll have to wash my hair, because I probably won't be able to for a while. Oh well, it will all work out.

No comments: