Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why is it that the same temperature in the house feels colder in April than it does in January?
The redbud is blooming now (Lexi wants to know why it is called redbud when it's purple), and so are my flowering crabapple trees. The four mature ones are a variety that have russet leaves and pink blossems, so they are now brilliant pink. The small onw that friends gave me four years ago when I had my houe blessed has green eaves and white flowers, so it is calmer. The lilac and dogwood should both be blooming within a week.

Knitting


I saw the Yarn Harlot (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee) last night in Brentwood TN (next to Nashville). That is her taking a picture of her current sock-in-progress. Some day I may learn to us my camera better.
I rode down with another knitter from Paducah - nice getting aquainted conversations on the way down and back. I got home at 12:30 am and went to bed immediately. I was so keyed-up by the evening that I was still awake at 2 o'clock. I guess I went to sleep shortly after that, and awoke about 9.
I bought Stephanie's new book, Things I learned from Knitting, and had her sign it. I've been reading some of it this morning. A review cited on the dust cover calls her 'the knitting world's Erma Bombeck.' I think that's very apt - I loved Erma Bombeck too.

No comments: