Saturday, August 2, 2008

BBQ

I was out early this morning spraying weed killer and noticed my neighbor sitting on his patio. I called, "Good Morning" and he replied. Then he asked if I was going to the picnic. Around here, on the first Saturday in August, one doesn't need to ask what picnic. It's the one in Fancy Farm (www.fancyfarm.net) I said some barbecued mutton would be nice, but I wasn't going to go there to get it. The picnics that the various Catholic churches put on during the summer are about the only places you can get barbecued mutton. I've gone to the picnic a couple of times, but I really don't like such mob scenes. Anyway - a few minutes ago there was a knock on my back door. When I opened it, Robbie grinned and handed me a bag with a mutton sandwich in it. How's that for a good neighbor!

No comments: