Thursday, August 21, 2008

Singin' in the Rain

Or rather in the shower. Lexi has recently begun to take showers. A few nights ago, during her shower, she was singing. It sounded cute! I didn't recognize the tune - perhaps she was making up her own like Dominic used to do.

Sunday morning Dr Ginn (the one I saw last Thursday when Dr B was on vacation) called to say that my blood was too thin. He said to stop taking Coumadin for a couple of days and have it checked again on Tuesday. When they called on Monday to make the appointment, I told them i=that Wednesday would work out better for me. So I went there yesterday and gave them a few drops of blood. It's in the good range, so I resumed taking 2.5 mg of Coumadin last night, and they want me to have it checked again in a week.

While in Paducah, I went to Hobby Lobby for yarn - as though I don't have enough! I recently came across a leaflet with eight shawl patterns on it. To give you an idea of how old it is, the price marked on it is $.50; you can't get one pattern for that now. It was from Spinnerin Yarns which I think has been out of business for ages. I made one of the shawls about forty years ago, and have often thought I'd like to make it again, and do the center decreases correctly this time. The other one came out a rather funny shape. I used it for a long time, but have no idea what happened to it. The pattern is called Autumn Leaves and the yarn I bought is Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Autumn Stripes. I should have waited to start it until I finished Yvette's counterpane, but I didn't. I started the shawl when I got home and am already into the second 5 oz skein - I just can't seem to put it down.

I also went to Kroger and bought the onions, garlic and chicken broth I needed for the tomato-basil soup to freeze for winter use. I've cooked it this morning; now I need to puree it and put it into the freezer containers. I had to do something with the tomatoes I've been harvesting from my three plants.

No comments: