Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good News!

Today was my monthly visit to the oncologist. My regular doctor is on vacation, so I saw one of her associates. The visits had gotten to be rather boring, until last month. In June's bloodwork the lambda lightchains number had jumped drastically. Dr B said that if it was also up in the July bloodwork, she would do more testing like at the beginning of this whole process, and change the medication. I was glad to learn today that that number is back down in the OK range. Who knows what caused it to spike that one time. Anyway, I continue with the thalidomide and dexamethasone.

My appointment time was originally 9:45, but they called on Monday and asked to change it to 1:30, so I had plenty of time beforehand to do some other things. I went to a book store in the mall that has very deeply discounted prices. I bought two books for $3.99 each. One is what I call knit lit. When I got home, I discovered that I already have it. Oh well, it was only four dollars - I'll find someone to give it to. I need to print out my list of craft books, especially the knitting and knit lit sections of it, and carry it in my purse. I used to have it there, but don't any longer.

We've been having some wonderful weather for the past few days, so I've had the windows open and the A/C off. Tonight, however, Lexi and I both felt hot, so I closed windows and turned the A/C back on. I think the humidity has gone up - the temperature is a comfortable 74.

No comments: