Thursday, September 11, 2008

Noises

I don't know the source of the noise I've heard twice in the past twenty minutes or so, but it makes me think of the 'horses' in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail movie. The first time I heard that movie, I was scraping wallpaper, so I didn't see much of it. It is one of my favorites.

Yesterday I heard sounds that are rare in Milburn. I think there must have been a traffic accident west of town, because there were police, ambulance, firetruck sirens, and then a while later ambulance sirens going the other way.

Medical

Today was my quadweekly oncologist visit. The lambda lightchains number on August bloodword was good, so there is no change in the treatment regimen.

My blood was too thin four weeks ago, so I've gone back for them to test it every week. It got a bit thick and then too thin again, but today it was good. I've adjusted the coumadin dosage each time, and today Dr B wrote down how she wants me to take it for the next two weeks and then come back for another test. She wrote it on a sticky note, so I will post that in the shelf where I keep my medications - very handy!

This is my second of four days on dexamethasone (steroid) and my feet are already swelling, my face is red and puffy, and my vision is getting blurry. I'm not planning to go anywhere until Wednesday and the blurriness will be gone by then. I just hope I don't need to transport Lexi during that time. I probably see as well as twenty-five percent of people driving, but I don't like to drive when I feel I don't see well enough.

No comments: