Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Today was the annual parents/grandparents/other family member 'picnic' at the girls' school. Last year I went and had lunch with Lexi's class, so today I ate with Rose's. The older kids carry their trays to the gym and sit on the floor. The notice they send home about it says to bring a towel, because of sitting on the floor. Since it is hard for me to get up from the floor, I took an aluminum and canvas camp chair. We ate in the lunchroom today, because they were afraid a bunch of the trays would be spilled if the four- and five-year-olds carried them down the hall to the gym - at least one got spilled in the lunchroom. I took the camp chair again (I keep it in the trunk of the car), but didn't need to use it.

Rose is in the afternoon session of preschool, so lunch is the first thing they do every day. However, we let her ride the bus today as usual. I was the one who put her on the bus. She gets on at Alyssa's house, and we got there about an hour ahead of time. I unlocked the door, but sat on the front porch and knitted. Getting there that early was not a good idea. I don't know how many times I heard, "Where's the bus?" and "How many minutes until the bus comes?" I was giving her all kinds of outlandish answers. As soon as the bus drove away with her on it, I went inside to use the toilet, and then headed to the school. I only had a few minutes to wait once I got there.

After eating, I followed them to the playground for a few minutes. They have scooters and tricycles for them, among other equipment. The school has three different playgrounds, with different kinds and sizes of equipment, with each one being used for two or three grades.

When I left the school, I went to the senior center to visit with friends, but not many people were there. Many of them leave right after lunch and several had gone to Princeton KY today to visit a historic house and a vineyard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

outlandish=bullshit? just saying.