Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Stitches Are Gone!

Alyssa and Lexi were able to drive me to the orthopedic surgeon today to get the stitches and staples out. He had x-rays taken as well of both ends of the rod. Everything seems to be OK at this point, so I will go back to him in eight weeks. In the meantime, I will be having radiation therapy on the leg. I go to the Radiation Oncologist, Dr Locken, on January 19 for an initial evaluation. then I expect three weeks of treatments five days a week.

I asked Dr Jackson when I can resume driving. He said, "Oh, I think you can drive now." I had assumed he would say whenever I feel it's safe. So next week I'll be driving myself to my doctor's appointments. I'm not sure I'd really want to today, but after a few more days of walking on it, etc, I expect that leg will feel more 'agile'. 

No comments: