Friday, April 15, 2011

I mowed!

I know that doesn't seem like any big deal, but last summer I was not able to do it. I made one pass across the fenced area of the back yard (maybe 50 feet) and thought I wasn't going to make it back to the porch. Yesterday, after I finally got the mower started I mowed out one tank full of gas, which usually takes about 45 minutes. It felt good! If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll do more.


After doing that mowing, I picked Rose up at the front door of the school, then drove around to the side of the building and waited for Lexi to get out of cheerleading practice. Rose played on the 'big kids' playground while we waited. You can see the size of the equipment in comparison to her, but she handles it just fine. 

After playing for a while, she decided to rest a bit. 

When Lexi came out, we went to Paducah for her gymnastics class. Rose thinks the gymnastics looks like fun. It was almost 8 o'clock when we got home, and I was thinking of bed even if the girls weren't.

This morning I had to get up at 6 o'clock. I'm not used to that now, although I did it for many, many years. We left here about 6:45 and went to Lexi's grandparents' house for her Nana and Aunt Courtney to put her 'cheer curls' in her hair (I don't do hair, except a simple brushing). She had to wear them and part of her cheerleading uniform because of a pep rally this afternoon. We got her to school at 8, and then Rose and I came back home until about 10:30. I had planned for us to do some yard work, but it was raining.


About 10:30 we headed back to Mayfield to the hospital. I had an 11 am appointment for a mammogram. When that was finished, I told Rose that I had brought some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and suggested that we eat them in the hospital cafeteria. She didn't like that idea, and suggested we go to the Art Guild. So we went there. I ate my sandwich, but she never did eat hers. Instead she 'read' some books from the 'books and bargains corner' and colored.

At about 12:45, we left to go to the elementary school for the pep rally. The cheerleaders did their routine, The theme of the rest of the event was 'Happy Days.' There was a dance contest by the teachers, a Fonzie look-alike competition by the boys, and a spoof of the teachers by some students. It ended with the cheerleaders, now dressed as 1950's teenagers, jitterbugging. They've been learning how to do that all week in their daily practice sessions. That's Lexi with her back to us. She still has her 'cheer curls' in and is wearing a white blouse that belongs to her Aunt Courtney (not tooo much to big), and a gray skirt her Nana made for her this week with a nice flair at the bottom.

After that, Sara met us at the school to take Rose home and Alyssa met us at the bank to take Lexi with her to Metropolis. So I'm alone again.

No comments: