Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Shawls

When Alyssa and Lexi were here on Sunday, I had them model some of the shawls I've knit recently. Lexi particularly liked the orangey one. It can completely cover her. I used a stitch pattern with a small amount of openwork in it, and am pleased with the way it turned out. I took a close-up to show the detail, but Blogger isn't letting me upload any more pictures tonight. Maybe it will cooperate tomorrow.


Shingles:

It's still with me. For the most part I'm OK during the day, but some nights have been miserable. I now apply hydrocortizone cream to my chin and right cheek before I go to bed and take two Tylenol (it works better than the pain reliever Dr Pat prescribed). Yesterday, about 9:15 a.m., my chin was suddenly burning and the pain in my jaw brought tears to my eyes. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, so that was unusual. It only lasted for a minute or so, but it was horrible.

Today I had to go to the hospital at Mayfield to have blood drawn to see if I need to adjust my coumadin dosage (I don't, but they want to check it again next week.) After that I went to the Art Guild and talked to Dana (the director) for a while. I hadn't seen her for several weeks, so I was catching her up on my medical problems. That same burning of skin and intense pain in the jaw happened again. Is this going to be a daily thing?

No comments: