Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yarn Exchange

Valerie hosted a yarn exchange at the coffee shop yesterday. I returned home without a couple of things I took and with a couple of new-to-me things. I shared a table with a woman I had never met before. It was interesting getting acquainted with her.

I took along one of the placemats so those who saw me creating the weft 'yarn' on Wednesday could see the finished product. I finished the weaving on Friday. I had planned to tie a new warp onto the remains of that one, so I wouldn't need to thread the heddles and sley the reed again. However, I wasn't thinking very well when I cut off the mats. When I made the first scissor-length of cut, I should have grabbed those warp threads and tied them together so they wouldn't slip back through the reed. But I didn't! When I made the last cut, the weight of the warp-beam apron pulled all the threads back through the reed and heddles. I could have cried! Now when I rewarp the loom, I'll need to do all of it again.

But before I went to the yarn swap, I went to the doctor - my primary care physician. She gave me a shot of cortisone, and prescriptions for eye-drops and an antibiotic. She said the shot of cortisone would work faster than a prescription for Prednisone. I said faster sounded good, because I'm planning a little trip next weekend. I am feeling better today and my eyes weren't glued shut this morning, but I still have a way to go. 

No comments: