Saturday, August 4, 2012

Once again it's been ages since I posted. My excuse is that I've been a little bit sick. I finally went to the doctor on Tuesday. She thinks it's either diverticulitis or a bladder infection (but my urine has not been burning), so she prescribed Ciprofloxacin and Metronidazole. She also scheduled a CT scan to make sure there is nothing else going on. I had the scan yesterday and should get the results Monday or Tuesday.

In the meantime, I have been knitting most days. There were a couple of days when I didn't feel like knitting or like reading - that's really bad. Here are the things I've completed.

It's a semi-circular shawl made with some cotton that has been in my stash for at least twenty years. I wanted to make it bigger by adding a border around the edge, but the other ball of the yarn has a greenish tinge to it and didn't look right. I started this on May 31, and finally finished it on July 22. Of course I did a few other things in between as well.

This is one of my diagonal pinstripes shawls. I've done several this way. It's easy and I like the look. This one I started on July 9 and finished on July 13.

I probably shouldn't say that this one is finished, because it definitely needs a good blocking. I'll get to that next week, after my sisters visit. This yarn is also some that has been in my stash for a long time, although not twenty years. I started it on August 1 and finished it the next day - some days I do little else.

And then there are dishcloths. The one on the left I did mainly in the doctor's waiting room on Tuesday (she was doing walk-ins only that day, so you just had to wait your turn). After I finished it, I just sat there. The one on the right I did here at home yesterday morning. Can you see the heart?

And to make sure I don't run out of yarn, I picked up this today. Betty Ann, whom I knew only slightly, died a few months ago. About three weeks ago, I learned that she had left loads of yarn, most of it Peaches & Creme 'dishcloth' cotton. She had stopped at the mill in North Carolina several times, and she had stocked up, although she really didn't do much knitting. I spent a week or so debating whether I wanted some of her stash, and finally called her husband last week. There's plenty more where this came from, but George said he has had calls from others about it, too. He's also going to send some to a niece in Maine.


Barbara said...

Oh My! Your shawls are absolutely beautiful! If I had half your talent I'd be doing the happy dance!


Carmen said...

Beautiful work :)

I love you mom!!!