Monday, December 11, 2006

Ghost?

When Alexis spends the night with me, she usually sleeps on a camp cot in my bedroom. She always wants the light in my closet (down the hallway past the bathroom on one side and shelves of yarn on the other) left on. That light bothers me, so I don't sleep very well. Saturday I suggested to her that she sleep in the weaving room, since my loom is out on loan, and use the light on the shelf as her nightlight. She liked the idea, but wanted to make sure the door to my room would be left open. She also wanted to know if could be her sleep place until the loom came back. Sure.

I put her to bed about 8 p.m. About 9:30, I decided to get ready for bed, too. As I was putting on my nightgown, she called out, "Grandmother, I need you" in a rather frightened voice, and came running through the doorway. I asked what was wrong and she said the nothing was. She calmed down and I put her back to bed and went to bed myself. About 1 a.m., she again called out, "Grandmother, I need you." Again she said nothing was wrong, and lay back down. About 3 a.m. she called out, "Grandmother, I want to be near you." So we moved her cot back into my room, and she slept until her normal 6 o'clock wake-up time.

After the 1 a.m. incident, I wondered if she had seen the ghost her mother and a friend of her parents both saw at different times when they were living here. Alyssa saw him in the doorway to that room, which was Lexi's bedroom at the time, and Cory also saw him in that room. Lexi never slept well in that room, but she was so young, they thought she was just a poor sleeper. She hasn't said anything about seeing anyone Saturday night, but I wonder . . .

I've never really believed in ghosts, but I can't say Alyssa didn't see anything. When I took Alexis home Sunday afternoon, and told Alyssa about the night, she had the same thoughts I had.





Knitting stuff



I finished the dish/washcloths for the LAFA group. I knit half of them and crocheted the other half - crocheting sure does go faster!

The yarn looks sort of like terrycloth. It's some I got years ago at an auction of a yarn store in Collingswood NJ that had gone out of business. I got 496 balls of cotton and cotton-blend yarns for a nickel a ball - it filled 18 paper grocery bags. I've used a lot of it over the years, but there's still more.


I've also finished the first sock and started the second one of another pair for Alexis. I'll make matching ones for me. She likes them short, but mine will be longer. The yarn is Brown Sheep Company's Wildfoote in Desert Grass, with brown something else (lost the band)for the heels and toes. I'm using size 0 Rhodo-Cristal Nacre needles. The company is no longer, but now Pony is making the same needles. They are a plastic made from wood, and the small sizes have a metal wire in the center. I really like them for socks. Some people wouldn't like the length (over 7"), but I do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is quit epossible the child was aware of a spirit presence. It often instills fear in people because we generally don't understand have culturally have bene taught that spirits are dangerous. They are not.Often they are people who hav edied that were clsoe to us at some point and they just return to watch over us or let us know they are not dead but just in a diffent world now.