Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yesterday was the Christmas pageant at Grace Church, Paducah. I took these pictures during the dress rehearsal Saturday morning. The first one is my great-granddaughter - isn't she a beautiful angel? With apologies to my Jewish friends - she has Ashkenazi hair. Her mother did brush it about an hour before I took the picture, but you'd never know it.

Next is the group of angels on their second or third try of running out and saying their line. The first time, some of the taller ones got in front of the short ones. The lady at the bottom left is the director, April Cochran. She is the Education Director at the Market House Theater in Paducah (http://www.mhtplay,com). I was really well-impressed with the way she worked with/talked to the children. She usually does the 'Good News Time' with the children in the children's library during the sermons on Sunday mornings, and I know Lexi loves to go to that.


And this is the cast listening to April's instructions prior to the rehearsal. Of course, she was also asking for adult volunteers to corral the kids during the performance and get them out of the 'holding area' at the right time. I figured some of the younger ones would be better at that, but I did help some with getting costumes on.

The donkey had a really good costume, complete with large head. I think the boy wearing it got bored standing beside the manger so long (he's only 5 years old). He kept putting his head into the manger, which drew some laughs. Oh well, every performance needs some comic relief, doesn't it?

I needed a knitting/crochet project to take with me Saturday morning, and the ones I am in the middle of were either too big or too fussy, so I started a pair of children's mittens. Finished the first one last night. I need to get back to the other projects though.

No comments: