Friday, February 9, 2007

Diagnosis

Multiple Myeloma. Now I'm waiting for a phone call telling me when I can see the oncologist. I want to get treatment started, although I have little idea what that will be.

In the meantime, I'm still knitting, and not doing much else.




Yesterday Alyssa emailed me a picture of her daughter Alexis with a message for me. Looks like she had been drinking some kind of red juice. I immediately replaced the 'wallpaper' on my computer with this picture.



She's in kindergarden this year and doing well with reading readiness. I'm sure she wrote the top line of her sign without any help, but grandmother is a very long word. She usually writes Adele because it's shorter.





















Today I got a Valentine card from Rose (though I'm sure Sara bought it, signed it, and mailed it) with two pictures of her. I took pictures of the pictures and am surprised that they came out as well as they did. I cropped the one to show just her face - looks like someone's taught her to stick out her tongue.



















These are the two princesses I want to see grow up - at least into their teen years.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Adele,
I am not sure what multiple myeloma means but I just wanted to let oyu know that you are in my thoughts. Those beautiful grandbabies are something to fight and get well for.
I wish you all the strength in the world as you go through your treatment.
Hugs,
Karin from KnitTalk

Joanne said...

I am thinking about you, Adele, and I hope treatment starts soon. I'm glad you are able to knit through this hard time...here's to hoping things get better soon!