Sunday, February 18, 2007

Flurries?

We had some snow flurries yesterday. I took these pictures at the height of the snowfall. Within an hour most of it was gone, and there is not a trace of it now.















Accommodations for decreased mobility

The vitamins and prescriptions were always in the medicine cabinet above the bathroom basin, but now it is difficult for me to reach up there. So they're on the edge of the basin instead. I sure am glad there's room for them there.









About three weeks ago, I bought a toilet seat that raises it 5.5 inches. The increased height really makes a big difference!

Today I had Dominic bring in another one of the walkers that were protecting young trees in the back yard. I put it into the shower. Maybe I can wash my right foot now. I don't trust my left knee enough to stand on it without something to hold onto. There is no handhold in the shower, but the walker should serve that purpose. I've been very glad for the past few weeks that I have a stall shower - I don't think I could get in and out of a bathtub.

Dominic keeps asking when I'm going to write something mean about him. I can't think of any reason that I should. He's taking very good care of me - doing all of the driving, carrying anything that I need carried, helping with cooking when I need him to. He even cut my toenails on my right foot a few days ago - I've had trouble reaching them for months because of the arthritis in my right hip, but now with my other problems, I absolutely can't do it.

No comments: