Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pulling More Weeds

I'm tired! I went out to the herb garden at 11 a.m. When I came back inside, I was amazed to see that it was 1:45 p.m. It's a beautiful day - sunny, mid-60's; warm enough that I took my sweater off shortly after I went out, but not so warm that I got hot and sweaty, even though I was in the sun the whole time. I got the rest of the quadrant of the garden that is planted weeded. There's not as much cilantro as there has been the last two years; I guess I didn't let as much of it go to seed last year as I had before. There is thyme growing in a couple of spots I wasn't aware of, the lavender and oregano clumps have grown nicely, and garlic chives is volunteering all over the place. There are two things that I'm not sure about. I hate that! I don't remember everything that I have tried to get started there, so I don't know if these are things I want or not. I'll let them grow on for a while, and then decide whether to pull them up or keep them. There's space for more plants. I don't know what other herbs I want to get established.

Now it's time to sit and knit!

No comments: